- 500ml cream
- (handful) sunflower seeds
- 100ml (cooled) coffee
- 1 banana
- agave syrup
- (pinch) vanilla seeds
- half-teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Toast the sunflower seeds in a dry pan and then toss them in a bowl to cool with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Beat the cream till soft peaks form. Add a pinch of vanilla seeds, a mashed banana and 100ml coffee. Mix in agave syrup to your sweetness preference.
- Add the mixture to the ice-cream maker (I bought an excellent Krups ice-cream maker from TAKEALOT.com).
- After about five minutes in the ice-cream maker, add in the toasted sunflower seeds + cinnamon. The paddles will mix it through.
- Homemade ice-cream is always best served straight out of the ice-cream maker. Sprinkle with a couple of sun seeds to serve.
|Vanilla powder from Woolworths and Agave nectar from Spar.|
|Krups ice-cream maker (1.6L).|