Made by: Simeon
Recipe: Adapted from Jamie Oliver's "Jamie" magazine, December 2013, pg 54.
Allergens: Milk (in the butter)
Makes: 22 - 24 biscuits
Takes: About 30 mins from start to first batch out the oven.
Smells like: Christmas
- 300 grams gluten-free cake flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice (or just nutmeg, if you prefer)
- 125 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 Dsp honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper and dust them with a little extra flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey together over low heat.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out balls of the mixture, which you then press flat(ish) on your palms.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until a little golden brown at the edges.