The Table Setting
Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free savoury pancake
with butter bean hummus and wild rocket.
- Savoury Pancakes: See this recipe.
- Butter Bean Hummus: 1 tin of butter beans (reserve half of the liquid) zhoeshed in a mini food processor with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, cumin and salt.
Baby spinach salad with fried aubergines, grilled tomatoes,
chickpeas and goat's milk feta; with a sideof carrot-nut stuffed green peppers.
- Wash baby spinach well and mix with goat's milk feta and a can of chickpeas.
- Fry aubergine slices (1 cm rounds) in a little olive oil and salt. Cut up into bite size pieces before adding to the spinach.
- Grill tomato slices (1 cm rounds) in the oven, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. While still warm, toss tomatoes into the salad (the goat's milk feta will melt deliciously).
- Season to taste.
- Side dish:
- Cut peppers along their natural lines to create little pepper bowls.
- Use a food processor to finely chop a handful of raw cashew nuts, some carrots, wild rocket, salt and olive oil to create the stuffing.
Gluten-free, egg-free banana bread served with
fruit salad and double thick cream.
- Mom's Banana Bread:
- 125ml butter
- 125ml sugar
- 4 large or 5 small bananas
- 2 cups gluten-free cake flour (e.g. Nature's Choice)
- 1tsp bicarb
- pinch of salt
- 125ml milk
- Mix ingredients together and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for one hour in a loaf pan, or 30 minutes in a rectangular oven dish.