SEVEN is also:
- a lucky and happy prime number;
- the amount of wonders of the ancient world;
- how many deadly sins there supposedly are;
- the number of dwarves that kept Snow White company;
- how many gods of fortune in Japanese mythology there are;
- the number of spots on a seven-spotted ladybug; and
- the number of posts I have been tagged to resuscitate by Ryan of Ryan Bakes and Ramona of Curry and Comfort.
1 - Beautiful
Grapetizer Layer Cake - a freaky but fantastic gluten-free recipe based on Joyti of Darjeeling Dreams Blackberry + Champagne Layer Cake, made just after I got a shiny new camera to play with.
2 - Popular
Gluten-Free, Egg-Free Chocolate Cake - a collaborative effort between my Mom and me, which garnered my first website feedback of someone who actually baked it and got back to me. Yay! :-)
3 - Controversial
Chickpea Brownies - a chance find entirely made up (necessitated by what I had left in my kitchen when a chocolate craving struck.) It didn't get many comment but, to this day, still manages to top my Google Analytics charts with the most amount of views ever.
4 - Helpful
Buttermilk Rusks - a South African classic updated for an allergy-prone world. I have received the most appreciative e-mails from South Africans and ex-pats around the world seeking some homemade comfort and nostalgia. I *heart* it! :-)
5 - Successful (with an added dash of "Surprise!")
Nonna's Rustic Apple Cake - I was tripping down memory lane when I wrote this post, and I think readers identified with the family element. I've also noticed that people really want egg-free cake recipes that actually work reliably. This is one of those.
6 - Underrated
Gluten/Egg/Corn/Nut-Free Pizza Bases - this is one of those recipes I wish I could make for EVEYRONE so that they could be addicted to wanting to make it themselves :-) But I totally understand that if one could buy a ready-made pizza base, one would. So it's all good.
7 - Proud of...
Chocolate Pots - the writing muse was with me when I churned out this one. Really. The planets aligned.
- Stacey of bakercourt
- Lynn of Gimme Gluten Free
- Marisa of The Creative Pot
- Natalie of The Wooden Spoon Blog
- Kim Bee of Cravings of a Lunatic
Play with if you feel like it :-)