* My brand-new, original recipe (created Tues, 5 April 2011)
* Soft, cake-like interior
* Slightly squidgy, chewy exterior
- 80g sugar
- 40g butter
- 35g olive oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 45g rice flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp creme of tartar
- 60 ml evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Oil a 20cm length (approximately) rectangular ceramic dish. The dimensions of the dish I used to bake this recipe in were 23cm long x 13 cm wide x 4cm deep.
- Beat sugar and butter together.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients in one go, with the evaporated milk last. Only once all of these ingredients are in the bowl, give it a quick mix through with your electric beater, just enough to ensure there are no lumps.
- Smooth into rectangular dish.
- Bake for 23 - 25 minutes, or just until a cake skewer comes out clean.
- This makes 8 medium slices.