With the last smatterings of the Winter chill starting to abate, I've been craving the comforting taste of cinnamon-sugar before Summer arrives along with all it's lightness.
I whipped these flapjacks up on three successive days.
On the first two, I just tossed ingredients in a bowl till the texture seemed right. But on the afternoon of the third batch, I realised that this recipe was worth taking note of, and so put measurements to my kitchen mayhem.
Apple Flapjacks Recipe
Gluten-Free, Corn-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free
Makes 10 Medium-Small Flapjacks
- 1 cup (250ml) chana/chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
- 1 golden delicious apple
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) sugar (+ extra for sprinkling)
- 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon (+ extra for sprinkling)
- 50ml water
- approx. 1 tsp (5ml) vegetable oil (for frying)
- Zhoesh apple + sugar + cinnamon + 25ml water in a food processor till mushy.
- Stir flour + 25ml water together, then stir in apple mixture.
- Lightly oil a non-stick crepe pan.
- Fry batter by the dessert spoon over a medium-low heat. Flip when bubbling.
- Serve sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar.
|Flip when lightly bubbling on medium-low heat|
|Serve sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar|