Discovery? Browsing for recipes with garbanzo beans, I found this base recipe at Group Recipes and then set out to make it decadent without being loaded with fat.
The result? Adjectives uttered that you want any good brownie description to include: moist, rich, chocolatey... See below and surprise your taste buds by making it!
My Garbanzo Bean Brownie Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp bicarb + 1/2 tsp creme of tartar
- Zhoesh all ingredients in a blender/small food processor.
- Bake at 175 degrees Celsius for 20 mins in a buttered square baking dish.
- Melt two tablespoons each of butter + milk + sugar on low heat till sugar is dissolved. Then stir in two tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Pour icing over brownies and sprinkle with sesame seeds.