So I threw some things together and this is what came out. Really, you can make fritters from a multitude of foods, just as long as you glue it together using eggs and have a consistency which allows you to form patties or round fritters. So, nothing left to do but have fun with it.
- 6 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 small, very mild chillies
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 12 green beans
- 5 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons rice flour
- cumin powder
- coconut oil (for frying)
- Chop the carrots, onions, green beans in chunks. Boil the carrots and onions with the garlic cloves, chillies, rosemary and salt for 20 minutes.
- While still on the heat, add the green beans, and boil for a further 10 minutes.
- Drain well. Zhoesh with a stick blender, then add chopped fresh chives, cumin and salt to taste.
- Stir through the egg whites and rice flour.
- Use a non-stick frying pan and a light coating of coconut oil to put "blobs" of batter down. When you flip them, use a spatula to flatten them to get a patty shape.
- Serve garnished with fresh chives.